Diseases Amoebiasis


A recent study conducted in the world has stated that about 10% of the world's population is infected with E.Histolytica. It's considered to be the third most common cause of death, i.e. after Malaria and Schistosomiasis, from parasitic infections. It generally has an extremely high frequency rate in tropical countries such as Mexico, Central and South America and India. About 90% of infections are asymptomatic (i.e. they don't produce any symptoms) and the remaining 10% produces an array varying from dysentery to amoebic liver abscess.

Causes of Amoebiasis
Amoebiasis is mainly caused by a protozoa, named Entamoeba Histolytica. It's normally spread by water contaminated by faeces or from food served by contaminated hands. The disease can also be transmitted by the vegetables grown in soil. Active amoebic parasites are released once the cyst of Entemoeba Histolytica enters the small intestine. Upon releasing they can invade the epithelial cells of the large intestines, thus causing flask shaped ulcers. It can also spread to other organs such as the liver, lungs and brain by invading the venous system of the intestines. On invading the liver, it leads to the formation of the typical anchovy paste like pus.

Symptoms of Amoebiasis
Symptoms of this disease are quite typical. Abdominal cramps, feeling of nausea, fatigue etc as some of the symptoms seen in an individual affected by this disease. Anorexia (loss of appetite) and intestinal gas/flatulence or bloating. Typical symptoms of the condition include lose or watery stools, abdominal tenderness or mild pain and indigestion. In some severe cases, passage of liquid stools with steaks of blood can be seen. the amoebae then gain access into the bloodstream and can travel to the liver and can finally form abscess called as liver amoebic abscess. In more severe cases, the condition might end up in IBS, i.e. irritable bowel disease.

Diagnosis of Amoebiasis
Asymptomatic human infections are generally diagnosed by finding cysts shed in the stool. Several flotation or sedimentation procedures have been developed to recover the cysts from fecal matter and stains aid in visualizing the isolated cysts for microscopic examination. Since cysts are not shed continuously, a minimum of three stools must be examined. In symptomatic infections, the motile form can frequently be seen in fresh feces. Serological tests are conducted and most individuals will test positive for the presence of antibodies. The levels of antibody are much higher in individuals having liver abscesses. Serelogy only becomes positive about two weeks after infection.

Homeopathic Treatment for Amoebasis
Homeopathy treats the individual as a whole. It means that homeopathic treatment focuses on the patient as a person as well as his pathological condition. The homeopathic medicines are chosen after a full individualizing examination and case analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, family history, physical and mental constitution, presenting symptoms, underlying pathology, possible causative factors, etc. A homeopathy practitioner tries to treat more than just the presenting symptoms. The focus is generally on what caused the disease condition. Generally, the diagnosis of disease is vital but in homeopathy, the cause of disease is not just probed to the level of viruses and bacteria. The appropriate homeopathy remedy tries to correct this disease tendency.

News and Update
Online Treatment
New Patient Registration
New Workshop Registration
Courier Service